Tsukushite Agechau 4 -I'm Gonna Serve You : Our Honeymo

Heh, well when you get those odd mixes of fields, you get some intesting results. I should know, I have a computer science degree but my minor is psychology! (Long story why it wasn’t a double major, I definitely had the credits for it…)

But sometimes, you can’t follow the letter of the law as well. I was on a jury last year and by the strict letter of the law, the defendant should have been convicted of a felony but we found him guilty of a lesser charge instead. Given the events and circumstances, I firmly believe we made the right call. (Though I was surprised when the legal aide from the court mentioned afterwards that he had been half-afraid we would have convicted the guy of the charge I had identified.)

This has definitely been an interesting discussion but I want to get back to the topic post for a bit. I’m definitely hope that in the future G-Collections will release the earlier games in this series. Mainly because I picked up the artbook yesterday. I thought it was specifically for the original game but it actually had info and images from the first three! Really wish my translation skills were stronger. At the rate I go, the series would probably be on it’s 7th title and in English by the time I finish!

Well I am the first in line to suggest Civil Disobedance and that any unjust laws must be gotten rid of, any way you are right this has been an interesting discussion.

As to the game, I remember hearing a while ago some of these characters may have branched into other games, does that mean this game has cross over characters from some of those games that might even just be named? Sort of the cameo guest shot of even a location we might know from some of the ‘spin-off’ games?

Hmm, not sure. I wouldn’t be surprised. I mean, look at all the plugs Crowd puts in it’s games for it’s other titles?

For me I’d have a hard time being sure since a lot of the Trabulance characters look alike to me. One of the images in the artbook I’m pretty sure is using one of the Kango nurses, but it’s a promotional image not an in-game image.

I have noticed similar looking characters that have voices that must have been done by the same voice actor/actress, whichever is preferred calling these days, or at least similar sounding in terms of pitch and yes, my ears are actually that good, always had an ear for music and can do the same with voice intonations to the point I am very confident when I say that this person did all of these character voices. That makes it more fun, another game but similar looking character with perhaps the same voice actor/actress doing a nearly identical voice.

Well that would be kind of cool to see a familiar face, and yet if done a particular way perhaps cheesy to have one cross over. That ‘way’ would be, if this takes place in the game time after the game we know them to be in, yet they have no memory of those events even though time wise for both games they occurred before this game (actually sounds like a great paradoxical plot for a time travel movie or game plot where the character has no memory of past events because for them they have not occurred even though they were a part of those events in other peoples’ memories) though I don’t like it when shows and games do that to characters they bring over in cameos where nobody remembers anything of these past events and even allude to other events occurring over taht same time.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-30-2003).]

Hmm, it was the nurse from Kango. And I knew the image looked familiar. It’s some kind of dual game disc. (Sorry, working off my poor translation skills again.) I think it includes Kango voice plus and Norikatan to Issyo. I think I’m going to recommend this artbook for any Trabulance fans.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Hmm, it was the nurse from Kango. And I knew the image looked familiar. It's some kind of dual game disc. (Sorry, working off my poor translation skills again.) I think it includes Kango voice plus and Norikatan to Issyo. I think I'm going to recommend this artbook for any Trabulance fans. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

It is a general game artbook from many of Trabulance's games or mostly from one group, that is one of their series of games? I understand it is in Japanese and translations are not always the clearest, but as far as you can tell, does it also have some descriptions of the game it shows the picture of, or just general picture information from game pictures?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-31-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
It is a general game artbook from many of Trabulance's games or mostly from one group, that is one of their series of games? I understand it is in Japanese and translations are not always the clearest, but as far as you can tell, does it also have some descriptions of the game it shows the picture of, or just general picture information from game pictures?

It's really about Tsukushite Agechau 1, 2 & 3. (And what I think is either the DVD-ROM version of the game or a compilation CD.) It includes character information from those games and some walkthrough information. But it also has a couple ads for other Trabulance games like Silk and of course some general images. There's a couple, for instance, that shows some of the girls (from the Tsukushite I think) celebrating a certain number of hits, presumably for Trabulances website itself. I'll have to go through it a bit more this weekend to see if I can figure out what else is in there...

Actually that does sound like an interesting book.

Well, went over the book this weekend. The walkthroughs are for each of the games. Wasn’t as many other Trabulance characters as I had initially thought. The Momiji images I mentioned above and I definitely know it was Silk in another. But there’s quite a collection of images, plus some draft sketches. There’s also an interview I wish I could translate, but we’ll see…

But the art and some of the text was enough to get me a general idea of the games in this series. It’s a sort of sex-slave training thing. But given the general lightheartedness of Trabulance games, it’s not a hardcore game. Probably more along the lines of Hitozuma, where the girls go into it willingly. I really should stop buying artbooks like this. It makes me really, really want to get the original games…

Whoops forgot to mention. Like it was mention before, Chisa from Kango was in the first Tsuku. And it looks like Yuna from Kango 2 is in Tsuku 2. (I wonder if the cat shown is the same as well.) Makes me wonder if a Kango 3 comes out, if it’ll include the nurse from Tsuku 3…

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 11-03-2003).]

quote:
Well, went over the book this weekend. The walkthroughs are for each of the games. Wasn't as many other Trabulance characters as I had initially thought. The Momiji images I mentioned above and I definitely know it was Silk in another. But there's quite a collection of images, plus some draft sketches. There's also an interview I wish I could translate, but we'll see...

Whoops forgot to mention. Like it was mention before, Chisa from Kango was in the first Tsuku. And it looks like Yuna from Kango 2 is in Tsuku 2. (I wonder if the cat shown is the same as well.) Makes me wonder if a Kango 3 comes out, if it'll include the nurse from Tsuku 3...

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 11-03-2003).]

Sounds promisng for the the original Silk Majokko Silk is it called that the characters and artwork does not seem that dated?

So first of all is there going to be a Kango 3 or is there one and just not translated or am I getting my series confused?

Second Yuna and Chisa appeared first in a Kango game then a Tsuku game correct? So it is sort of they were trainee nurses in one series that became full nurses that trained others in the Kango series?

So if we see a character in is it Tsuku 4 that is coming out she might be in a Kango 4 if there is to be a Kango 4? Or did I just really confuse the issue?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-03-2003).]

quote:
Sounds promisng for the the original Silk Majokko Silk is it called that the characters and artwork does not seem that dated?

Not sure exactly what you're asking SCDawg-san.

quote:
So first of all is there going to be a Kango 3 or is there one and just not translated or am I getting my series confused?

Actually, I was just speculating. There's no Kango 3 that I know of, but the two series seem particularly inter-related.

quote:
Second Yuna and Chisa appeared first in a Kango game then a Tsuku game correct? So it is sort of they were trainee nurses in one series that became full nurses that trained others in the Kango series?

Actually, the Tsuku games came first. Kango pretty much is a spin-off as it was mentioned before. So Chisa first appeared as a full nurse in the original Tsuku, and then later as a trainee in the first Kango. Yuna, who I didn't recognize at first (it just sounded really familiar) was a teaching nurse in Kango 2. I'm not sure at what point in her life she's at in Tsuku, I'll have to check when I get home later. (It only clicked when I reread the earlier posts in this thread and then I remembered the picture of her sleeping with a cat next to her on the Trabulance's Tsuku 2 page.)

quote:
So if we see a character in is it Tsuku 4 that is coming out she might be in a Kango 4 if there is to be a Kango 4? Or did I just really confuse the issue?

Well, like I said, it's just sort of speculation. Okay, probably more of a "oh, cool" feeling I get when I see things link together. (Like Chobits and Angelic Layer.) But Kango 2 came out (in Japan) April of 2002, which isn't all that long ago. So maybe they are planning a Kango 3 and if they are, I wouldn't be surprised if it includes a character from Tsuku 3.

quote:
Not sure exactly what you're asking SCDawg-san.

My fault that was suppose to be a period not a question mark. The game came out in 1999 I think and that is still recent enough for good graphics was what I was trying to say.

quote:
My fault that was suppose to be a period not a question mark. The game came out in 1999 I think and that is still recent enough for good graphics was what I was trying to say.

Oh okay. Yup, it was 1999. My birthday even. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Took a closer look at Tsuku 2. I'm not sure but I think Yuna's in high school at the time. She and the other girls are wearing some kind of uniform and I'm pretty sure it's not a nurses uniform. (If only I had known I'd be using so much Japanese, I might have payed more attention in class!)

Also found a picture of Kaede from Kango in the book. She's with, who I think is, Shizue from Tsuku 2 in a very, er, interesting image...

Hmm, given my poor translation skills, maybe I should stop speculating. I'm probably giving out all sorts of wrong information... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Oh okay. Yup, it was 1999. My birthday even. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Happy birthday for that day then.

quote:
Took a closer look at Tsuku 2. I'm not sure but I think Yuna's in high school at the time. She and the other girls are wearing some kind of uniform and I'm pretty sure it's not a nurses uniform. (If only I had known I'd be using so much Japanese, I might have payed more attention in class!)

That sounds like it was a cool class, I would love a class that could teach me more about the Japanese culture. I learned a lot about the modern day German Culture in a German glass, so I think it would be cool to learn things about the Japanese culture such as the questions I have about the school system.

quote:
Also found a picture of Kaede from Kango in the book. She's with, who I think is, Shizue from Tsuku 2 in a very, er, interesting image...

I have never played Tsuku 2, so if it is clear, who is Shizue, that is what is her character in that game?

An interesting pose, great now I have images in my head that are probably way off or maybe not that far off after all LOL.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-04-2003).]

quote:
That sounds like it was a cool class, I would love a class that could teach me more about the Japanese culture. I learned a lot about the modern day German Culture in a German glass, so I think it would be cool to learn things about the Japanese culture such as the questions I have about the school system.

Actually, it wasn't just one class. I've been more or less learning Japanese language and culture for quite some time. I just never really paid the attention I should have until college, and by then it was a little too late. Oh well, my loss...

quote:

I have never played Tsuku 2, so if it is clear, who is Shizue, that is what is her character in that game?

An interesting pose, great now I have images in my head that are probably way off or maybe not that far off after all LOL.

Er, sorry, I was sort of rambling a bit. Like I said, I'm having troubling telling some of the characters apart and so I was just sort of focusing on trying to figure out who was in the picture with Kaede. And it wasn't their pose that was interesting in their image, it was what they were doing. Uh, lets just say they were using a non-traditional method of adding milk to coffee...

quote:
Actually, it wasn't just one class. I've been more or less learning Japanese language and culture for quite some time. I just never really paid the attention I should have until college, and by then it was a little too late. Oh well, my loss...

Well I could comment on the gross inadequacies of the public school system when it comes to not teaching another language until often high school, but I think anyone that has been in the system knows that so I need not say more on it at this time.

quote:
Er, sorry, I was sort of rambling a bit. Like I said, I'm having troubling telling some of the characters apart and so I was just sort of focusing on trying to figure out who was in the picture with Kaede. And it wasn't their pose that was interesting in their image, it was what they were doing. Uh, lets just say they were using a non-traditional method of adding milk to coffee...

Yes well, very fascinating and um must be quite one interesting picture and a very interesting part of the game, maybe someday it will be translated into english.

quote:
Well I could comment on the gross inadequacies of the public school system when it comes to not teaching another language until often high school, but I think anyone that has been in the system knows that so I need not say more on it at this time.

Well I can't blame public school for this. (Plus, they did teach us Hawaiian.) I attended a Japanese "language school" after my regular school, from about 1st grade to 10th grade. (plus 2 years each in high school and college courses.) I just have a problem with languages in general, plus I wasn't exactly motivated nor had an opportunity to practice what I learned that much. Makes it very hard to retain anything that way.

quote:
Yes well, very fascinating and um must be quite one interesting picture and a very interesting part of the game, maybe someday it will be translated into english.

Actually, it's not an in-game image. It's one of those general Trabulance images they included. But it was definitely one of those "hey, it's Kaede from Kango...what the heck is she doing?!?"

quote:
Well I can't blame public school for this. (Plus, they did teach us Hawaiian.)

In my public school experience which thankfully ended before high school when I was lucky enough to go private, they did not teach us a lot. The old joke was real in my school, they teach you about the Civil War starting in one grade and leave you hanging about who won until the next year. I mean it sounds like a great joke, but it was real where I went to school, which is why my respect of public schools ranks somewhere beneath my respect for the IRS.

quote:
Actually, it's not an in-game image. It's one of those general Trabulance images they included. But it was definitely one of those "hey, it's Kaede from Kango...what the heck is she doing?!?"

Makes it sound like even a more interesting image to just stumble across.

shrug My public school upbringing wasn’t that bad. Like most things, there’s good and bad points to each system, you just have to decide which you think is best for your kid.

quote:
*shrug* My public school upbringing wasn't that bad. Like most things, there's good and bad points to each system, you just have to decide which you think is best for your kid.

If it was not for the lack of social interaction and social experience that comes from home schooling I would suggest home schooling is the best in my opinion.