"Virgin Roster -Shukketsubo-" 19th

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
We don't know if Tsuki and Kango 1 had the same production run or not; all we know is that the original production run of kango 1 DID sell out, and Tsuki's didn't.

Actually, no. We do not. Kango 1 was discontinued so they could switch to the voiced version. After all, why press more discs of the voiceless version only to have to take a loss to get rid of them? We don't even know how many print runs of Kango 1 unvoiced they ran through before they switched over.

I find it very odd that none of the rest of their titles have ever sold out. I can only assume they are printing more runs as their runs run out - surely they're not on the first run of ALL their products. There is no way they'd be doing so well that they can crank titles out left and right if that were true. Even the icky and probably not very big-selling DOR is still in stock, but if they were to discontinue the product surely they'd mark down existing stock in a "get rid of it once and for all" attempt.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Actually, no. We do not. Kango 1 was discontinued so they could switch to the voiced version. After all, why press more discs of the voiceless version only to have to take a loss to get rid of them? We don't even know how many print runs of Kango 1 unvoiced they ran through before they switched over.

I find it very odd that none of the rest of their titles have ever sold out. I can only assume they are printing more runs as their runs run out - surely they're not on the first run of ALL their products. There is no way they'd be doing so well that they can crank titles out left and right if that were true. Even the icky and probably not very big-selling DOR is still in stock, but if they were to discontinue the product surely they'd mark down existing stock in a "get rid of it once and for all" attempt.

I don't know if Kango 1 was discontinued or not. Yes, the voice plus version did come out, but that doesn't necessarily mean that G-C had a pile of Kango 1 on hand, and chose not to sell them (which is my definition of "discontinued").

As for production run, I'd readily agree that we don't know how many copies are printed in one run. But it can't be as few as 100 copies, since the economies of scale (lower fixed cost per unit) wouldn't go down enough for such a small production.

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
I don't know if Kango 1 was discontinued or not. Yes, the voice plus version did come out, but that doesn't necessarily mean that G-C had a pile of Kango 1 on hand, and chose not to sell them (which is my definition of "discontinued").

That is not my definition of discontinued - usually they move things to clearance - but that's not what I meant anyway.

All I meant that they stopped selling Kango 1 normal so they could switch to Kango 1 voiced.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT.

I haven’t played this game yet. But from what I have heard and seen, the ladies in there are nice and innocent. Which is a shame that the main character treats them so BADLY with no respect and all, plus raping them of course. Bottom line is there’s no particular reason as to why except that this guy is probably one in many sickos out there.

I can understand if the ladies were real bitches to him, dissing him, cussing and general putting him down. Then I can REALLY appreciate his desires to screw all the chicks.

Yeah, this is a sick game but I might consider buying it anyways.

[This message has been edited by montana (edited 02-09-2004).]

hmm, interesting, i’m not a general fan of rape and hate stuff like ever since i’ve seen that Cool Devices episode with that pill. but this game intrigues me and i’m thinking about buying it.

i remember that cool devices episode…it was rather disturbing to me as well, but it was great how she got her revenge in the end…well, until the VERY end, that is…

Ugh, I remember that episode as well. Personally, I found the whole Cool Devices series hard to sit and watch through. (Then again, it has been awhile, and I know I’ve been exposed to quite a bit more since then…)

Yeah no kidding, Cool devices was hardcore when it first came out but I think there are hentai out that makes it look tame now. Nightshift nurses anyone

at least one thing good came from Cool Devices. “Kite”, Man that has got to be one of the best animes I’ve ever seen. Kinda sad though but its all good. I even heard the director of Fast & the Furious, SWAT and Torque is gonna make a live action movie on that. Also for any fans, they’re gonna come out with Ninja Scroll 2 and the making of a live action is in the works.

Kite…Never really cared for that one. I tried watching some cool devices way back in the day. That stuff was pretty messed up.My friend and I began to wonder about the friend we borrowed it from hehe.

Personally, I liked Mezzo Forte better than Kite. Wonder how the television series is gonna work out.

Mezzo TV should be pretty good. I mean all the sex parts were easily removed for the General release. So far though I’ve been hearing mixed reviews on the series. But it’s liscensed already so we should be getting it here soon since I think it’s bandai who got it.

shrug I havn’t seen the general release version so I wouldn’t know. But it wasn’t only the sex, but some of the violence they depicted. I mean, I’m guessing they’re going to tone it down to some extent. More curious than anything else.

Well it’s probably gonna be shown at late night in japan so I think the violence will not be a problem. Just take a look at berserk I Mezzo is in the same timeslot as berserk when it came out or similar time.

never seen Mezzo Forte but I have seen some episodes of Mezzo and it was alright.

Hmm, havn’t seen Berserk either, so I don’t have a good frame of reference but I understand in general. I guess I’ll just have to see it when/if the Mezzo TV comes over.

Well let’s just say at least 1 person dies in each episode of berserk with lots of blood gushing

Well, usually it’s the “blood gushing” part that wasn’t really in the Classic Star Trek. Er, and I can’t answer the American TV question. I mean, I’m guessing people would feel CSI wouldn’t be as interesting if there were less dead bodies in it…

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
I remember the the same thing with the almost every opening of Classic Star Trek. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
So how does this differ again from american TV?
[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by woodelf (edited 03-15-2004).]

Well when American television has a hero disemboweling, dismembering, and stabbing 100 people in 1 battle then I'll say american TV is the same [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Well American television does have Spawn and all that on HBO and has movies like The Lord Of The Rings, Gladiator and all that where there’s alot of violence like in the fellowship where Aragorn stabs the Uruk-Hai in the leg and stabs him in the chest and then slices off his head, same in Gladiator. Spawn speaks for itself.