What do you want Peach Princess to translate next?

I’ve heard great things about Princess Nightmare, I think that would be a very popular title if you guys ever try your hand at an otome game (refuses to give up hope).

Some more games from Zyx.

Well an commercial “Fate/Stay Night” patch won’t come, unless Mirror Moon decides to go commerical, which I don’t see happening. I believe they have some kind of an agreement with Type Moon.

I want all the game listed in the 2007 Bishoujo Game Award :slight_smile:
(princess waltz won something in 2006, so there is still some hope).

http://heiseidemocracy.com/2008/01/19/ero-game-news-2007-bishoujo-game-award-results-published/

Ooooooh-ho-ho-ho! Just look at all the winning titles that had twincest in them. Truly it is a sign from the Gods!

Kowaku no Toki kicks major ass. It takes brutal sex eroge to new heights. Third part in a thus so far successful series. I can’t wait to see more. :twisted:

Kouhou Miko focused too much on scat. Not that I have anything against scat… just that I think they wasted too much time on it. Then again, scat was the fetish. :shock:

Koihime Musou was okay. Character designs were divine of course, but it could have used more twincest. :expressionless:

Bullet Butlers has it’s own thread around here on the boards. 8)

Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka was great fun. Reminds me of To Heart 2 because Nagomi is as cute as Ruu. I have a review for it on the back burner… scores in the higher tier. :mrgreen:

On a side note: No award for Gun-Katana!? Boo! That game made my pee-pee go shwing-shwing! I demand a recount! :evil:

Please bring the review to the front burner. :wink:

After checking out the official website, I’m sold on the game. Add this to the ever-growing list of titles I’d like to see licensed.

Kango Shicyauzo 3 since I have the others. Or another game with cat girls, the cat girl alliance it has futa and it’ll probably have to much for my tolerance.

Now if only their was a game with cat girls and yuri that would be perfect.

I’ve mentioned this before, but I thought I’d do it again just for posterity. :slight_smile:

Atelier Kaguya kicks ass. Especially their Team Heartbeat division - the main artist of theirs is godly. :slight_smile:

Been following their upcoming Natsukami:

http://www.a-kaguya.com/products_HB/nat … index.html

To be honest, it’s the cat freaky Sayaka Isojima that’s caught my attention.

Aaaaaaaargh!
You just reminded me of one more oversized steak on my plate… :shock:

Hey! I just noticed that Draculius wasn’t mentioned either! List is a sham I say!

A DAMN EROGE SHAM!!! :x

Now that we can watch the anime, I really need Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de.

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=324525

Considering it has an anime series, I fear the licensing cost is probably going to be too high for an English version to make a profit. It’s pretty much the same case with all games that have anime series made.

The irony is those might actually be the best marketable at large.

Agreed… Though the key word is ‘might’, and when you’re paying such a large amount of money for a single title that you could have paid for say, two, three, maybe even four others, you have to think about the chances of that one title selling well or at least one of the several selling well at the same license cost. It all just depends on what kind of gamble a company wants to make.

OTOH, for shows that translated into non-H anime, releaseing the h-game in english might be considered to harm the marketability of the show. dunno.

But the fact an anime exists would be a good way to promote the game.
This could be a way to gain new consumers ( = perverts).

Maybe for the same price you could have two others eroge, but since they are cheaper, they are less attractive too.

I don’t think the best way to promote the eroge is to only translate the less famous.

Famous eroge is still only famous within a small niche of crazy hardcore hentai japanophiles… :slight_smile:

Obviously I have no idea what the numbers are, but it’s quite possible that the number of people who are interested in buying h-games AT ALL, no matter how good they are, is not high enough to be able to pay the huge licensing cost of a ‘hit’. It really depends on the specific numbers, and we don’t know those.

Japanese should ask a % of the sells in place of an exorbiting fixed amount…

True. However this is more viable with Kitty Media than PP at the immediate moment… and I believe this has been their main battle plan. I’ve been hoping KM would expand their eroge line with other media they hold, but at present they seem rather quiet. They aren’t very vocal - at least not like PP - so I have no idea how successful this ploy has been.

Not really. I can name a half dozen “second string” eroge makers that produce GREAT titles. And yes… they aren’t all twincest or dark. :wink:
Big name does not always equate to quality. I’m sure we’ve all played eroge duds, that weren’t supposed to be duds. :expressionless:

Depends on the eroge. Also less famous does not mean its easier to license. Some of the “less famous” groups want nothing to do with the US market.

Also just because its not a million dollars to license, does not mean it’s a bad eroge. Draculius from meromero cute is a good eroge that’s not famous. Another would be Bullet Butlers from Propeller. Not everything good comes from Aquaplus or Circus. Another thing to keep an eye out for, is up and coming doujin groups that have tremendous talent. Imagine if PP made contact with Type-Moon, before they became a household eroge name! It’s a complex market. Also what about new groups that are still starting out? Something like feng?

As much as I like big league titles, I’d rather PP going after more affordable titles with outstanding qualities, than an expensive title which is average.

There’s a lot of good titles out there that don’t make the top 50 list. Some of my favorite eroge are those types.

This is totally off topic for the thread, but my two cents on Kitty (having no personal or professional contact with them whatsoever) is that I’m guessing Active approached them with the proposition to license and produce the Bible Black and Discipline games, rather than the other way around. I don’t believe Kitty has ever made any noise about being a game company or “getting into the business” per se; I’m guessing that instead, Active is feeling a world of hurt from not producing a viable new title since 2002 and are desperate for cash anywhere they can find it - hence the Kitty license and release. I don’t see Kitty proactively approaching any other maker any time soon. It’s possible that they’ll be approached again by someone else, of course.