What do you want Peach Princess to translate next?

sales get anime greenlite
it can be as underrated as can be as long as the game sold well
an anime will most likely be made sometime
maybe sometime in the future there will be a princess waltz anime

Usually anime is paid for by the people who make it, not by a TV station. They all show at late night too, where there are slots available for companies to purchase, unlike how it works here in the US, the anime industry is a bit different.

To my knowledge no anime adaptation have ever been made of a Will game beyond an OVA… so while it’s possible, I doubt it =p

I don’t know, i’d say Yuki Sakura is best suited for an anime adaption if you ask me (even that Wind a breath of heart - lesser score than Yuki Sakura on erogamescape - was adapted into an anime :P). But of course, D.O isn’t the big guy minori :stuck_out_tongue:

underrated/overrated isn’t really much of a guide, though. Heard of the eroge Night Walker, by Arieroof? Me neither, but it has an anime adaptation!

Since we are talking about Snow Sakura, I want more games like that : light side + snow.
Something like Konayuki Fururi of course.

I didn’t mean that everything that deserved to be animated, actually IS animated. Nocturnal Illusion, for example, has plenty of atmosphere and mood, and there’s enough meat on the bones of the story to be worth animating. Doesn’t mean it will ever happen. And the anime is often significantly inferior to the source material (Sister Princess, anyone?).

I just meant that IF the show got a budget approved for an anime to be made, THEN it can’t possibly be underrated. Underrated things by definition have low sales. Properties that don’t have good sales don’t get anime made out of them. (Sure, exceptions exist, but as a general rule, it’s pretty much a truism.) Stuff like Sister Princess? Wildly popular. Show was terrible. They made more anyway. If anything, that’s overrated. Something like Little My Maid or Snow Drop (middling reviews in Japan)? You’d be hard pressed to even scrape together cash for an H-OVA, let alone funding for a more mainstream TV series; even though there might be enough story in either of those two that you could make a decent show out of them, who is going to pay for it?

Also, most anime adaptations are linked with an overarching merchandising strategy that includes console ports, manga, and figures/pillows/whatever.

I think you need both commercial success and highly marketable characters to get anywhere.

That’s a very old show though. They produced it at a time when companies were just experimenting with non-adult adaptations, so there were no sales expectations or merchandising strategies.

Even given how little I actually know about this game (since about the only exposure I’ve had is the demo/opening movie), I too would be very interested in Konayuki Fururi being brought over.

That game looks fairly promising, and it would be quite marketable as well - the same writer as Snow Sakura and the same artist as the Sono Hanabira series.

Although, for a snow related title, there’s always SNOW.

Count me in, too :mrgreen:

It wasn’t very well received. Regarding Kitagawa Samui, Princess Frontier (released the same day as Konayuki Fururi, but to critical acclaim) would probably be a better bet.

Yeah… just read some reviews then, and a lot of them mentioned that the writing wasn’t very good. :frowning:

Gun Katana Non Human Killer by Black Cyc. pretty pretty please. it is a shooter game and is would be a unique release.

I want this one : http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=444445

I don’t even know the name of this game or its story, but I know I want it lol.

Light side + miko + maid => Do want.

The title is “Yosuga no Sora.” Here’s a summary from ErogeShop:

It definitely sounds like something I’d be interested in playing.

That one comes out soon doesn’t it? Maybe we’ll see it in 3-4 years. However, due to it’s popularity in Japan right now, it might be a far shot. I saw this a while back, and I’d like to see it done as well.

Sounds like a promising title. If, by any chance, the title is translated, I’ll probably be able to understand the original by the time it’s done I’m guessing.

Unfortunately for us, this is the only thread on this forum where the mod never go.
That’s why no matter what we suggest, it will never be translated by PP. :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: You mean it’s a thread in which it’s real purpose is to make us think we are suggesting something, but they never read it? :open_mouth: