Which games would you recommend?

quote:
Originally posted by Jinnai:
Yea it probably would never happen, especially as the series is now a few years old and isn't like EVA where it just became insanely popular, but hey, it doesn't hurt any to discuss it.

Giovanni has the right idea here, I think. It won't happen because it's a Clamp work; they would never license one of their works for an adult production. The same goes for Gainax, the producers of Evangelion.

There are actually non-H Chobits games, though. There's one for the GBA and one for the PS2. I actually have a poster in my room that's an advertisement for the latter. ^_^

Isn’t it ironic that a game like Ishika & Honori is released here by Hirameki, but withouth sex scenes? Seeing as how much you’d like to see an H-version of chobits Jinnai, LoL. This is exactly the other way 'round :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess that game does have a good story, that it gets released withouth the H.

And didn’t Gainax license those nude statues of Ayanami you sometimes stumble upon on the web. The one where she’s lying on her back, legs in the air…

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-05-2005).]

Just because a game gets released without the mature content doesn’t mean it necessarily has a good story. Hirameki has released some rather disappointing censored titles, from what I’ve heard. Hourglass of Summer was great, but that wasn’t an H-game to begin with. I think their other “good” title, Phantom of Inferno, was originally non-adult as well. I haven’t seen any discussion of Ishika & Honori yet, so it might be good…maybe.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-05-2005).]

…there is most definitely an H-version of Natsuiro no Sunadokei.

I don’t know if hirameki translated an all-ages version or something, but I know it’s available as an erogame.

If you’re referring to Hourglass of Summer, I believe someone here posted that the H-version was a re-release of the original all-ages version.

quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
Isn't it ironic that a game like Ishika & Honori is released here by Hirameki, but withouth sex scenes? Seeing as how much you'd like to see an H-version of chobits Jinnai, LoL. This is exactly the other way 'round :P
The H-scenes are beside the point.

It would be nice if even those other games were brought here or translated, like the GBA Love Hina game (although the DC was much better).

The h-scenes would just be an added bonus, as long as didn't feel just tacked on because they could.

quote:
And didn't Gainax license those nude statues of Ayanami you sometimes stumble upon on the web. The one where she's lying on her back, legs in the air...
I had heard about that...

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 02-05-2005).]

I remeber reading somewhere that Hourglass of Summer and all those DVD games actually had the HCG cut out in Japan so it could be released to a broader audience there, and the HCG-less versions are the ones that are getting ported over.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
I think their other "good" title, Phantom of Inferno, was originally non-adult as well.

Actually... no!
The original Phantom of Inferno was adult, but the h-scenes were cut for the DVD-PG-release. However, because most of the plot depends on the action and it really is a well-written crime-and-mystery-thriller, you don't start missing the h-scenes.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 02-07-2005).]

Phantom of Inferno looks interesting to me, i like girls 'n guns. Sorta like Gunslinger Girl. I have found a website were they sell the Ayanami statue by the way, but ofcourse it’s expensive. And finally, Ishika & Honori, even though the h scenes are removed i think we should be happy they released the game and others here anyway, since we still don’t get that much Bishoujo games here.

quote:
Phantom of Inferno looks interesting to me, i like girls 'n guns. Sorta like Gunslinger Girl. I have found a website were they sell the Ayanami statue by the way, but ofcourse it's expensive.

Do you have the site? Evangelion was one of my favorite anime and Rei was one of favorite characters from the series and i do collect the stuff from it so it might be worth it for myself atleast.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 02-07-2005).]

I still want to know for sure, though…

Was Ishika & Honori originally an all-ages bishoujo game, or an adult one?

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Actually... no!
The original Phantom of Inferno was adult, but the h-scenes were cut for the DVD-PG-release. However, because most of the plot depends on the action and it really is a well-written crime-and-mystery-thriller, you don't start missing the h-scenes.

I stand corrected, then.

Anyway, here's the quote I believe I was referring to with HoS:

quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey:
Hourglass originally started out as either a Dreamcast or PS2 game (I can't remember which came first), so it didn't have anything erotic in it. It was later ported to DVD, where nothing was changed, and the PC, where more than a few naughty pics and scenes were added to the plot. Ironically, that version was harshly criticized by fans, who felt that the extra scenes were too forced and artificial.

The post came from this thread, for those that are curious: http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001946.html

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-07-2005).]

[Deleted]

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 02-07-2005).]

I’m curious, Unicorn. Why do you ‘delete’ posts of yours since the past week?

One of his hands is possessed by evil spirits.

After the other one reads what the first has written, it has to destroy it!

I’ll email the link to you Jinnai. I hope your email is correct, i have never heard of bluebottle… lemme know if ya got the mail

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-07-2005).]

quote:
I'll email the link to you Jinnai. I hope your email is correct, i have never heard of bluebottle... lemme know if ya got the mail [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-07-2005).]

[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Yea i had to update my email right after i posted the request in leiu of the fact you would likely send the link via email.

Benoit, Ishika & Honori was originally H-game. Hirameki removed the sex scenes and released it here… bah. The game itself is originally from Azurite.

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-10-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Giovanni has the right idea here, I think. It won't happen because it's a Clamp work; they would never license one of their works for an adult production. The same goes for Gainax, the producers of Evangelion.

You might want to revise that statement since as others have mentioned there are a number of official adult figurines, most if not all based on Gainax's strip mahjong game (Eva and Friends Strip Instrumentality Project), an official adult work from Gainax. They've also released one other adult work that I know of, a muder-mystery ADV featuring characters based on real people working for Gainax at the time of its release ([url=http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=1550]http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=1550[/url]).
There's no getchu page for the mahjong game so the best link I can come up with is gainax's website.
([url=http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/list.cgi?search_key=%92E%88%DF%95%E2%8A%AE%8Cv%89%E6]http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/list.cgi? ... %8Cv%89%E6[/url])

quote:
Originally posted by Ug03:
You might want to revise that statement since as others have mentioned there are a number of official adult figurines, most if not all based on Gainax's strip mahjong game (Eva and Friends Strip Instrumentality Project), an official adult work from Gainax.

They are official, then? Huh. I wonder why they don't make an Evangelion H-game, then. I'm sure it would sell like crazy, and they've already made non-H Evangelion ADV's (like Iron Maiden/Girlfriend of Steel).

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-24-2005).]