X Change Alternative 2: The Thread

Hmm… never knew that. Still, I’d be happy just getting the game over here.

I should see about getting a list of the Crowd games that haven’t been translated yet… there were a few I had my eye on that I didn’t know the titles of.

Also, the url of the first post is now outdated, correct link is http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/crowd/product/xca2/index.html

http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/crowd/product … ntasy.html

Still awaiting news on this :roll: , truly a pity that Lamuness chose the religious way :stuck_out_tongue:

I always prefer to support the local translation companies if given the option. Still holding out hope.

:Edit:

Also, what’s with the “sample” images shown on http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/crowd/product/xca2/order.html? They aren’t part of the CG… and I’d love to have the full versions of them.

Also would love to have the XCA2 Original doujinshi.

http://translate.google.com/translate?p … %25A7%2598 helps me understand it a bit…

Oh my.

For those of you waiting for this to come out in English, you will not be disappointed.

New feature: Scene jumps.

Let me explain.

As soon as you start a game, the scene jump menu is available.

However, we’re not talking about simply replaying certain hentai scenes, oh no!

Check this out:

Let me explain what you’re looking at. See all the icons on the side? You can select them and they act as filters, allowing you to jump to any point in the game, as long as you’ve unlocked it. Only want to see sections with a certain character? Click their icon.

Want to jump directly to a decision path in the game? Check out the “select” icon for all the story branches.

Only want to replay some hentai section? Click the h icon.

This system means that having to save your game is now OBSOLETE. You now have full control of replaying any section of the game whenever you want. A dream come true for control freaks, and done in a layout so simple a child could use it.

THANK YOU CROWD.

That is quite an innovative idea. There have been numerous times when I’ve wanted to look up a particular section of a game (usually a part involving some joke). For instance, I would love to be able to quickly jump to one of my favorite scenes in YMK, where it has the joke about Aya being 20 years old.

I know, it’s going to be great once its translated. I always had a clutter of save games for points for dialog BEFORE H scenes, funny bits, script branches… this takes out all the work of going through a bunch of saves that take up space and often are named in vague ways.

Now everything you want is RIGHT THERE.

Well, I don’t care for the X-Change games, but hopefully more games adopt this fantastic feature.

I know Da Capo has the feature.

If that is the case, then it would be the X-Change series that adopted the feature instead of them being the innovator. I don’t suppose anyone knows what game first showcased this wonderful feature?

Here’s a brief review from a fanboy of the entire X-Change series.

Pros:

Graphics and voice are excellent.
Scene jump feature ROCKS.
Music is high-class and sounds like album-quality.
Character development seems strong.
VERY LITTLE RAPE! Only two or three small sections, and almost all of them are avoidable!

Cons:

Some thoughts have an “echo” effect, greatly so during some h scenes. I find this annoying.
Some h scenes have looping background audio of h effects, which can mask the dialog and get annoying after a bit (this can be turned off)
Some sound effects are overdone (oral sex is VERY overdone and sounds unrealistic IMO, looping sound of bodies meeting together, water splashing in furo, etc.) (Again, loops can be turned off)

You forgot to mention that theirs many different types of sex, so it has ‘something’ for everyone.
Checking the CG’s i see:

Virgin
Tentacle
Rape
Yuri
Guy ( Player ) X Girl
Girl ( Player ) X Guy
Romance/Love
Loli
Swimsuit
Sports uniform
School uniform
Female Masturbation
In Public
Blowjob
Torture
Incest
Student/teacher
Sex toys
With clothes on

edit:
forgot to mention, but the elements that would be considered ‘dark’ are all on their own story paths, so they can be avoided till/if you decide to play those paths.
Theres no more then 3 ‘dark’ scenes ( unless you count Tentacles as dark then there would be about 5 )

The “torture” is actually a female applying it to a male pervert (shock therapy), by the way, so it’s MUCH more tolerable to watch then the normal “female gets raped and abused”.

God, I hope this thing gets translated.

I don’t like this part myself. Genderbender stories
where the protagonist use some other characters
body have always seemed bad to me.

The attraction of the genderbender aspect
is that what is done to the protagonist
actually happens to their real bodies.

I’ve been hoping somebody would too.
The Kirara scenario was the most
interesting one in my opinion so
I always felt a little cheated when
there was no H-scene with the real
Kirara.

Quick question: Was the real Kirara
really supposed to have been 15?
She looked more like 12 in the game
and talked about little kiddy shows.

A quick question for you Daiji:
Why is your post in
a poetry like format? :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

Lipp simply looked too young for there to be any salvage, I’m still hoping on a patch from a third-party.

Okay…I’m not sure if she’s on CROWD’s XC3 page (since I haven’t checked), but I still have NO CLUE what she looks like.

Lipps image from the game data:
http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frip1048.png

Well, now that I can display Japanese on my computer, I might be able to finally finish the patch if someone is willing to translate the sections. Mind you, that’s for the CG section only.

I still don’t know how to reactivate the choice that leads to her visiting your home in-game. My patch is mainly an improvement on another one made by someone known as BaSFTech (http://www.geocities.com/basftech/). The site is abandoned, although the downloads work. I have no way of contacting this person to find out how they reinserted the Misato section. All I did was figure out how to rig the save file to display Kirara’s section in the CG replay.

Finished the game… I think. All I can say is this better be translated. It’d be criminal if it wasn’t.

At this point it may be worth looking to see about the remake.