X-Change Remake in works

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
??? If it is about Slave Bazaar, I'm only purely speculating here.

Ahhhh!
So now you are Speculator Beholder... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
unicorn, dont believe a single word spec says from now on, they are NOT reliable

Don't worry.
I wouldn't simply believe anything regarding PeachPrincesses localization activities that isn't at least confirmed by either you or Peter.

That's why I called them "rumors" in the first place: In order to make others also aware that these statements were atr least doubtful and not officially confirmed as far as I knew.

(There is always the possibility that such informations escape me via IRC, though. For that reason, I asked here if that's the case and will ask the same thing if somethign like that happens again.)

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
But that was, as you know, long ago. so, no new rumors and no need for an uproar ;p

I see.
Sorry if I cause for you troubles with Lamuness, but I had to ask in order to be sure what this discussion was all about.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Ahhhh!
So now you are Speculator Beholder... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nah, I'm not, through it might as well become my third title [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img].

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
I see.
Sorry if I cause for you troubles with Lamuness, but I had to ask in order to be sure what this discussion was all about.

Don't worry, it was my own fault for not being clear about it being just pure speculation on my own part, based on very old quotes and rumors ^^;;.

quote:
Originally posted by hotsuma:
Hmm, if it's Chisato, she wouldn't be a new character, wouldn't she ^^;? She might be new in a sense of XC1 universe, but not a new character entirely. I think it will be a totally new character because they said outright that Takuya's sister will be in XC2 remake and did not quote her as a new character. Well, it's just my speculation, games are coming out in September so we can wait and see or they will update the site soon.

That is what I thought though, they meant "new" as into that game, XC1 rather then new to the entire series. Also if they did mean "new to the entire series" since she is new to XC1 would she also now appear in the re-do of XC2 and then XC3 (perhaps the reason for going back and inserting in her first two) since almost no characters vanish it seems within this series, new ones added yes but none of the old just vanish and are never heard from again. Even the fromer club president is in XC2 and the sister will be back in game play mode for XC2 which to me means everyone from XC1 then will at least have a guest shot in XC2.

Also it is true they did not mention the sister as "new" for XC2 but remember she was at least mentioned in XC2 as not being there for some reason or other, whereas Chisato was never even hinted at in XC1 despite the "heated" rivalry that she said existed for a long time by the time of XC2 with someone who you think would have mentioned her if it did exist in XC1. So while Chisato would not be truly a "new character" to the series she would be to that game, or that is how I came to the conclusion of it possibly being her.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 07-15-2004).]

I don’t know if this was already talked about or not, and I didn’t want to start a new topic on it. But JAST USA officially announced licensing of X-Change 3. We all knew it would happen, so it’s not exactly big news, but it’s still nice to know, you know? I’ve never played the XC series, but I’m sure there’s people here that are interested.

JAST USA Announces X-Change 3

DVD-ROM, folks. So whoever doesn’t have one, get one. If you want this game, anyway.
------------------
精神 の 神

[This message has been edited by Seishin (edited 07-15-2004).]

DVD-ROM that’s kind of a surprise, but the article is nice publicity it seems for both JAST and Peach Princess, even mentioning some of the other games.

It’s good to see some at least neutral if not slightly positive publicity for the genre and these two “importers” rather then what usually seems to dominate the news.

Who is gana get these games i am

Depends whatelse is out there at the same time, for the “near” future I can think of at least 3 games, two of them from Peach Princess, that are higher on my priority list.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
two of them from Peach Princess,

oops, my HD crashed again :P

According to the latest news on the Crowd website, the new character in XCR is Kate Damiano. No description of her is given yet, but the character design sketches imply that she is the stereotypical blonde, cheerful, slightly-naive foreign exchange student.

Something interesting about the XCR and XC2R release is that the individual releases contain bonus audio CDs that are NOT contained in the X-Change Box double pack (which contains both games together), while the X-Change Box contains bonus stuff not contained in the separate releases. In other words, whichever you buy, you won’t get all the bonus stuff unless you get BOTH the box and the separate releases (two copies of each game).

Kind of a sneaky way to try to get people to double buy, if they want both the bonus materials, and perhaps three or four copies of the games, counting what they might already own before the re-relases.

Any idea what is on the bonus audio CD? BGM or character voices a mixture of those?

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:

DVD-ROM, folks. So whoever doesn't have one, get one. If you want this game, anyway.[/B]

I can hear benoit's sceaming from here.

Hahah I’m sure we’ll all hear about it when he gets back from vacation

It’s actually an interesting choice, is it known what advantages this gives for this particular game?

quote:
It's actually an interesting choice, is it known what advantages this gives for this particular game?

You can fit the content of 7 cd-roms on one dvd-rom, so the main difference is the cost savings for the publisher. Also, you dont have to keep ejecting and replacing cds during installation.

Yes but that is mostly things that people would not notice, is there anything they might, like known better graphics in this game, better video opening or something along those lines?

quote:
Yes but that is mostly things that people would not notice, is there anything they might, like known better graphics in this game, better video opening or something along those lines?

The only real difference between a CD and a DVD is the ammount of info you can fit onto on disk. The programmers will be able to fit a shinier game engine onto a dvd, or a longer intro, or more choices (see Casual romance club), but the options you describe will require a shinier graphics card, not a dvd.
I wouldn't count on replacing your card just yet, though. Bishoujo games don't exactly push the technological envelope.

[This message has been edited by kmusky (edited 07-23-2004).]

See I don’t think it does automatically require a better graphics card, unless you are thinking I meant HDTV quality for the DVD game. There are DVD games such as Phantom of Inferno that actually have movie, moving somewhat live action pictures, for part of it’s opening and scrolling credits at the end, whereas I have never seen either of those on a CD game. Even when you see an anime style opening on a CD game it first must copy the anime opening to your harddrive from the install disc.

That is why I was wondering if they would have more options such as the opening mentioned from a previous DVD game.

HDTV? If that’s what you are looking for, then you will probably need a new graphics card AND a new monitor.
Wait a sec, that’s not what you’re looking for. Never mind.
The options you describe are probably due to inproved graphics software in the game, which will fit onto a DVD just fine.