Yume Miru Kusuri update and Q & A

As with other recent PP releases, the game will come with a three-panel fold out manual with install information, gameplay instructions and character profiles on one side and a text-off poster version of the cover on the other.

Hey Shingo. This game is being planned to go Golden Master in two weeks?!? Can you confirm? Thanks much!

Edit: In response to Lamuness’ post right below. You’re right! I just wanted to make sure GM = golden master. In addition, I didn’t have to source two separate pages. :slight_smile:

Edit 2: Crosses fingers. Hope the GM phase does not take as long as it did for Doushin.

[ 03-17-2007, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

if peter says so (which i assume to be your source) then what’s more to confirm? :stuck_out_tongue:

Confirming that he wasn’t drunk at the time, for example. :stuck_out_tongue:

why bother making such a heavy atmosphere here? We’re all bishoujo-lovers, aren’t we? o.o

I can confirm that we’re on track to have a master up within two weeks. I’d say we’re looking at a ship date between April and June at this point, weighted toward late April / early May barring any major hangups in the production process. Things are taking shape, and it’s a good feeling…

Just finished updating the PP Yume Miru site. The game description is basically unaltered, but the character descriptions have been revised along with some of the technical specifications. A full version of the theme song is available for download now as well (the same one that’s on the official Japanese site), with translated / transliterated lyrics. I nearly felt myself floating out of my chair while I was working on those lyrics…

[ 03-20-2007, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

Cool I can’t wait for this game to come out it looks so good and I have been waiting to buy a new hentai game.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to transliterate and translate the lyrics Shingo! Definitely much appreciated.

My pleasure! I think they definitely give a hint of the ethereal feel of the game.

By the by, for Tsubaki’s description I noticed that his info was changed from “eroge otaku” to “ero-gay.” From the initial description I perceived him as a person who likes to play erotic bishoujo-games (i.e. the majority of the people on this board); but from the new description it seems as if he’s an erotic gay person or can be described as one who pushes erotic yaoi games on the lead character. . .which is further hinted at by his character portrait, I guess. And the fact that he also hits on the main chara. Quite a bit of difference from the description from a few months ago.

By the way I don’t suppose I can trouble you to tell us a bit more about Tanaka Romeo - the veteran scenario writer. Ah, I’m not asking you to do research on him for my sake but just from your own b-game experience. When I click on the link to his name it takes me to the eroscape scores page and to the well-received Cross Channel titles; but having never played those titles, I know little about his talents and am not sure how involved his role is in those titles because I can’t read Japanese. Thanks a bunch!

[ 03-20-2007, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Bishoujo game.

Tsubaki’s character is something of a contradiction. He’s gay, and yet he’s into standard (not yaoi) eroge. He’s suave and flirtatious, yet serious and dependable. His hitting on the main character is strictly humorous, as are his attempts to promote his favorite bishoujo games, for the most part. He plays the role of a councilor and confidant at later parts in the game, however…

Ok, no more spoilers here! :smiley:

To be honest, I haven’t played any Tanaka Romeo games aside from this one. I’d be willing to bet many people reading this have, though, as according to his Wikipedia entry (which I apparently can’t link as it’s breaking the forum software) it is established theory online that “Tanaka Romeo” is the pseudonym adopted after maker D.O. declared bankruptcy and he could no longer be credited as Yamada Hajime - who was the scenario writer for Kana ~Imouto~, among other titles of note.

To make a long story short: the main point of reference for English bishoujo gamers is that it is widely believed that Tanaka Romeo = Yamada Hajime, and Yamada Hajime wrote Kana ~Imouto~.

On the Japanese side, he’s responsible for the orgasmically popular Cross Channel, Kazoku Keikaku (in his Yamada Hajime incarnation), and others - the mere rumor that a new game is being produced by the Cross Channel team has fans giving it a perfect score of 100 on Erogamescape before the game even has an official site, much less a release date.

I’d say that’s a cultish following.

[ 03-20-2007, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

Wow. If that’s the case my expectations for this title just jumped a few levels. Thank you very much for the information Shingo! I didn’t know Cross Channel was super popular but was well aware that Kazoku Keikaku was. But if Tanaka Romeo was credited for D.O.'s Kazoku Keikaku, which was released before they declared bankruptcy, then doesn’t it kind of debunk the belief that he is Yamada Hajime?

[ 03-20-2007, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Sorry for the confusion - he’s credited as Yamada Hajime for Kazoku Keikaku, not as Tanaka Romeo. I was conflating the two pen names on the assumption that he is in fact the same person. The earlier post has been edited for clarity.

I notice that the media is DVD-ROM, whereas the Japanese release was 2 CD-ROMs, Is that a typo or is the English version shifted to DVD?

It’s not a typo; the Japanese version was released on two CD-ROMs, and the English version is scheduled for a DVD release. This will have no effect on game content, however.

[ 03-21-2007, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

I see, now I’m just curious, but what was the reason for the shift? Was it a cost issue, or something else?

I didn’t make the decision so I can’t say for sure, but it’s probably a mixture of cost, aesthetics, and user-friendliness. It also lets us add extras more easily (not that any are officially confirmed at this point…).

Will the text in the opening be translated? In the demo movie you posted, only the names are subtitled, is the rest? i.e the character sentences, designer infromation?