Yume Miru Kusuri update and Q & A

Oh, does that mean the final box art is going to be slightly different?

Anyway, What are the character profiles going to consist of? Are they going to be the same as the ones on the site? Or are they going to be more detailed?

Edit: What would YOU have to do with PETER’S rush on the PR materials?

[ 04-04-2007, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Shade453 ]

The final box art will be more or less as you’ve seen it, the character profiles will be more or less what you’re already familiar with (similar in scale to the profiles provided with other recent PP releases), and the entire PP staff collaborates on press releases.

We have to keep SOME things a bit vague around here to preserve our sense of mystique. :cool:

I for one am really excited to hear that this game will be coming out soon as I preordered it months ago. But the wait is always worth it.

[ 04-05-2007, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: GogetaSS4 ]

I for one like to wait until a game is gone gold before i pre-order it, the reason being that this company has halted production on more than 1 title for various reasons, mostly complication in japan. But i am looking forward to this one. Mostly because it was a total surprise to even see it announced.

The speed at which this is going, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this released next week!

well how fast printers and duplicators work is something that we cannot control as the manufacturing process is done by a separate company (duh), it will take a few weeks to get the stuff back, clearing all the pre-orders, and ship things out for good

as for gambit’s comment, the game HAS ALREADY gone gold. it’s done with production and all that is left is the manufacturing. the worst that can possibly happen is that the the game gets delayed due to printing complications (brave soul manual anyone?) and i dont see why it can possibly be canned, because like i said, development/production is already done

i know what gambit is talking about (slave bazaar and sakigake), but in those cases they are canned early in production, so i think this is a totally different case for yume miru kusuri (and does not apply anyways)

but that said, obviously you can choose to wait until we say “it’s shipping” to order; its your choice if you want some sort of insurance so to speak

[ 04-05-2007, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Im sorry to reask this if it was already answered, but Is this game more of a dark game?
The preview of the game makes it sound like a light hearted game, but what you said Shingo makes it sound more like a dark title.

[ 04-07-2007, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Gambit ]

It’s certainly a dramatic game. It has moments of humor, of course, but it also has moments of pathos and moments of very extreme emotion and danger for the protagonist and others.

I wouldn’t call it a “dark” game in the same way that Black Cyc games are dark, for example. It’s an emotional roller coaster, but the game’s tone is very grounded in reality.

I believe there are plans to eventually make it available for download, but I’ll have to check on that. I can confirm that it won’t be for sale via download at launch.

ok to me the title Virgin Roster is dark… basically that whole game involves drugging up girls, to the point of where after a while… they only have sex with you because they want they effect of that drug.

Im asking you is this game dark like that?
It doesnt sound like it, but ill outright ask none the less. It may involve scenes of it… but im asking is each path for every girl like that?

Yume Miru Kusuri is nothing like Virgin Roster. I can’t go into details without spoiling the plot, but the place drugs play in the story is much more realistic - drugs are a bad thing, not a tool for you to use to enact your personal sex fantasies. Instances of drug use in the game are met with real, very harsh consequences.

That said, only one of the three major plot arcs deals extensively with drug use. If you want to stay away from drugs entirely you can still get a lot out of the game.

Oh - and this isn’t a game built around the protagonist “taking advantage” of anybody. Like real life (for most people), relationships are built around give and take, and gradually deepen as the parties involved get to know each other better. Also as in real life, the people you meet are much more complicated - dysfunctional, even - than they seem at first glance… as I’ve said before, it’s a dramatic game, but it’s not dark.

[ 04-10-2007, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

It will come out on April 18th.

There is no exact release date set for Yume Miru Kusuri yet. Wait for confirmation that the game is shipping to come from either me, Lamuness, or Peter - any other source is just speculation, and it would be bad to spread unfounded rumors around.

That said, the release will be coming very soon.

hey hey now, we are all on this board in good fun, back in the day we used to guess dates, its all in good fun.

I think the problem is that you didn’t state that it was a guess.

…did we actually ever guessed exact dates before?

I want this game so bad I can’t wait til it’s ready to ship. Thanks for all the effort you guys have put forth bringing this game and many others. I for one am very grateful.

According to PCRdist, it should be sometime this month.

Well Gambit’s guess is off.

Our discs are produced only with the finest of Amish union labor, using hand-crafted techniques honed over hundreds of years of metalwork. They can only work in the daylight hours which limits their speed, and they take an hour for lunch, but they’re the best in the trade and we wouldn’t accept anything less!

You can expect your hand-etched custom Compact Optical Data Disc (CODD) to reach your door between 2011 and 2013, depending on when you preordered.*

*or within the next couple of weeks, whichever is sooner.

Well, Aprils almost over, so it’s either this week or May.